Friday, September 17, 2010

Close Call

While I was busy facebooking, my mum called and asked me to pick her and my sister up as they have finished their solat hajat for the UPSR candidates at my sister's school . It was night by the way, around 10 pm. So me and my brother got in the car, and I drove to the school.

I was driving along this one particular road. The left side of the road was full off parked cars, due to the restaurants by the roadside, so I drove on the right lane. As I was driving, my brother suddenly shouted out, "CAT!!" I looked in front, and saw a lil kitten, barely a few weeks old, just standing there in the middle of the road. I quickly swerved around him, missing it by a few inches. I let out a sigh of relief. But as I looked back, there are other cars oncoming behind me. Will they be able to avoid hitting the kitten? With this lingering thought on my mind, I drove on.

*this is not the actual kitten*

When I got home, I retold this story to my dad. He said 'Why didn't you stop and picked the kitten up off the road?' This struck me hard. Why didn't I stop?

I'm sorry kitten. I never thought of saving you. That is my greatest regret. I hope you are still alive and kicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment